Electronic Level Crossing System BUES 2000 - Concept and optimised adaptation
The system controlling of electronical level crossing system BUES 2000 is responsible for safety controlling and supervision of signals, barrier drives, train detection and adjustments to traffic light systems. In addition it is responsible for the operation and integration of necessary interfaces. Based on modular system concept and consequent software realisation of functions BUES 2000, the hardware of these level crossing systems based on the same system platform like interlocking system ZSB 2000. Herewith could be realised an optimised maintenance strategy, because by using standardised interfaces and separation of HW and SW, this supported innovative developments in future as well.
System concept of ZSB 2000 make it possible to install the system in small rooms (appr. 5 sqm). Furthermore there is no special climatisation necessary. All components of BUES 2000 are maintenance free.
The electronic level crossing system BUES 2000 is approved by EBA corresponding to up to date technology in regards of highest safety level according to legal norms.
The structure of the electronical level crossing system BUES 2000 is classified into three levels.
The main level of the BUES 2000 electronic level crossing system represents the secure dataprocessing centre of the BUES 2000 level crossing. It consist of 3 doubled processor modules (central-, light-, barrier and track modules).
The field level represents the safe control level of the BUES 2000 level crossing system. It consist of a safe microcomputer systems, each of which is duplicated, for the controlling and monitoring of defined functions. The field level controlling is located in the field element itself. The subassemblies of the field level are self-contained units with defined interfaces.
The diagnostic level represents in the frame of communication the connection between to diagnostic centre. This level is equipped with one diagnostic computer, which provide diagnose data for service and maintenance purposes of BUES 2000.
The hardware components for controlling of level crossing system
BUES 2000 are made by double computer systems at the main level, the interface subassemblies of field elements and diagnosis computer. All subassemblies are pluggable and equipped with corresponding non-interchangeable devices. In addition there are no functional or project specific data included. The project relevant data are loaded during the booting phase. A changing of hardware components is possible without problems and any special requirements at any time.
According to customers' requests different variants or combinations are possible:
- Fü remote monitoring
- Aut automatic mode without monitoring
- Hp station signal monitoring
- ÜS monitoring with supervision signal for the train driver
- ÜSOE monitoring signalled with timing optimal activation
- Vk availability controlled
- Bed operator monitored
- road signal amber/red
- road signal blinking light
- road signal double blinking light
- half-way barrier
- complete stop with 2 half-way barriers
- full barrier
- pedestrian barrier (side path barrier)
- pointsman-operated on-call barrier
- on-call barrier with self-service facility
Form of execution variants:
The actuation and monitoring of all active elements at a level crossing are realized fully electronically. Thanks to the compatibility of old and new system components, the BUES 2000 can be used not just as a complete new system, but also in combination with existing level crossing installations. In the basic version following execution variants are possible:
- 32 light signals (amber/red with main and back-up filaments)
- 64 blinking lights (red with main and auxiliary filaments)
- 32 barrier drives
- 8 pedestrian acoustic systems
- 2 tracks (with track sensors, signalling, manual switching keys)
- interlocking interface
- radar scanner (radar sensor system for automatic level crossing free detection)
- realisation of special switching cases such as deactivating
- switch-on-point, temporary activation of switch-on-points etc.
- timed control of barriers (half-way barrier, complete stop with 2 half-way barriers, full barrier) and light signals (light signal amber/red, preceding light signal, blinking, double blinking), pedestrian acoustics and gate dependencies
- controlling of special light programmes such as interface to traffic-light-systems
Controlling and supervision of the individual components are realised by standard interfaces. The communication between the levels, the modules and the field elements is realised via CAN-BUS (system bus, modules bus, element bus). Herewith will be full filled the demand in regards to a modern computer controlled level crossing system which realise communication in separated way of data and energy supply. As the result cabling efforts can be minimized. The interface to electronically interlocking system ZSB is realised on digital field bus basis.